Ravenna 26th july
DISCOVER RAVENNA AND ITS BEAUTIES, AMONG SEA AIR AND DREAM MOSAICS
Fascinating city, Ravenna has ancient origins and a glorious past.
Three times the capital: of the Western Roman Empire, of the Roman-barbarian kingdom of Theodoric and finally seat of Byzantium in the West.
- - 9:00 am: Meeting at the Piazzale Aldo Moro parking;
- the Mausoleum of Theodoric;
- The suggestive Basilica of San Francesco with its crypt constantly below sea level where the mosaics are submerged in water;
- Dante's tomb, a neoclassical sepulcher erected at the Basilica of San Francis. The supreme poet lived his last years in this city of Romagna, where he died in 1321;
- Walk through the elegant streets of the historic center, Piazza del Popolo;
- Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, who was daughter, sister, wife and mother of emperors, ruled the Western Roman Empire and in the mid-fifth century, built this splendid mausoleum, now declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Its mosaics are among the most beautiful in the world, set in this early Christian monumental complex of the 5th century;
- 12:30: end of our services.
Following: option to extend the tour with the following activities:
- Visit to the interior of the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia;
- Shopping time with a personal shopper.
INCLUDES: Service with official tour leader.
DOES NOT INCLUDE: lunch, transport, entrance tickets to museums or places of visit, if applicable, insurance. Transportation will take place with the participants' own vehicles (or by train).
IF YOU WANT TO LUNCH IN ONE OF THE SUGGESTED RESTAURANTS, TELL US AND WE WILL MAKE THE RESERVATION FOR YOU.
Program subject to change.
- The tour costs 5 euros for children up to 12 years old.
- Free for children under 6 years.