Castell’Arquato (PC) 1st august
DISCOVER CASTELL’ARQUATO, DECLARED AMONG THE 10 MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES IN ITALY
CASTELL'ARQUATO, ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES IN ITALY
A trip between legend and history
- 10:00 am: Meeting in Castell'Arquato, at the parking lot in Piazza San Carlo;
- we will proceed on foot along the cobbled street to enter the medieval village;
- Visit of the Piazza and Rocca Viscontea, inside which some scenes of the film "Lady Hawke" were filmed;
- Visit of the Torrione Farnese, from which we will admire a splendid panoramic view;
- Visit of the Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, a jewel of Romanesque architecture;
- Geological Museum, which preserves fossils dated 3 million years ago, when the whole Po valley was covered by the sea! We will find fossils of whales, dolphins, crabs, sharks, but also of mammoths, bisons and rhinos;
- 1.00 pm: end of our services.
INCLUDES: Service with official tour leader.
DOES NOT INCLUDE: lunch, transport, entrance tickets to museums or places of visit, if applicable, insurance. Transportation will take place with the participants' own vehicles.
IF YOU WANT TO LUNCH IN ONE OF THE SUGGESTED RESTAURANTS, TELL US AND WE WILL MAKE THE RESERVATION FOR YOU.
Program subject to change.
• The tour costs 5 euros for children up to 12 years old.
• Free for children under 6 years.